Amidst a variety impressive announcements at this year’s TGS, Square Enix took the opportunity to reveal a gorgeous new collector’s edition for the upcoming NieR:Automata.
The stylishly monochromatic ‘Black Box Edition’ comes complete with:
- A physical copy of NieR:Automata (for PS4)
- A 150mm (6-inch) statue of protagonist 2B
- NieR “Music Concert & Talk Live soundtrack”
- A hardcover art book
- NieR: RepliCant Recollection “Gestalt Project Memoirs.” (A novel describing the events of the first game from the perspective of Devola and Popola)
- And a DLC code for a special item in NieR: Automata
The Black Box is currently listed on the Japanese Square Enix e-store for ¥25,800, which works out at a pretty pricey £195.
At the moment though, there’s no sign of a PC version, nor that the Black Box will be even be making its way outside of Asia. But we can’t imagine that Sqaure Enix would deny their Western fans the chance to splash more cash on the title.
NieR:Automata is set to release on the 23rd of February next year in Japan, with a playable demo releasing before the end of 2016. There’s no confirmed Western release date beyond ‘2017’, but for an extended preview, check out Automata’s TGS gameplay demo below.